This week, the Obama campaign (Joe Biden specifically) sent me an email asking that I give $100 or more to help Hillary Clinton pay off her primary debt.
Are they f'ing kidding me? Let me try to wrap my head around this one.
- From the years 2000 - 2006 the Clintons earned $109 million
- Hillary Clinton raised $229.4 million for her presidential campaign.
- Hillary "loaned" her campaign $11 - 13 million so that she could string out her electorally impossible challenge against Barack Obama
- About $5.3 million of the money the Clinton campaign owes is to pay slimy Mark Penn who ran her campaign into the ground and is also a lobbyist for people like the government of Colombia.
- Barack Obama's campaign has a $30 million surplus
- We are in a major recession
- Employers cut 533,000 jobs LAST MONTH
- 31.5 million Americans now need to be on food stamps
- 10% of US homeowners are in arrears or in foreclosure
Then they want us to swallow paying billions more to bail out car company executives who couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag and who continued to make gas guzzling SUVs even though we were undoubtedly headed for an oil crisis.
Now I'm supposed to take some of what's left of my pathetic non-profit administrator salary to pay off some lobbyists so the Clinton's don't suffer a setback on their way to billionaires row?
Sometimes, I swear, I think my head is just going to explode.